Saturday, January 31, 2015

Read ALL THE BOOKS Update: January

If you don't know what this post is about, you can read this introduction post. Basically, I realised I have way too many unread books on my shelves, and so I'm going to try read as many of them as possible in the coming months. I'll probably continue this feature until I finish them all...but I don't know whether that will actually happen seeing as though I keep buying books. And borrowing books from the library. And requesting eARCs. Tis a problem.

My definition for "unread" either means that I haven't read the book at all, or that I haven't read that particular copy of the book (might have read it before as an eARC or something)

I honestly thought I'd be reading a bit less because of my new placement which is at a hospital which is ridiculously far away, but, yet again, I underestimated my procrastireading skills and have read a crapload of books. I suppose it's also because I've been reading less of my eARCs because I've been wanting to make a bit of a dent in my physical TBR.

Anyway, here's my update for January!

LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL MY SANDERSONS ARE. I'll probably get the UK editions of Steelheart and Firefight at some point to match the rest of my Sanderson collection!



7 Stars (Favourite)
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson (reread: first read was a library book)
Mitosis by Brandon Sanderson
Firefight by Brandon Sanderson
Slammed by Colleen Hoover (reread: first read was borrowed)
Parasite by Mira Grant (reread: first read was a library book)
Symbiont by Mira Grant
The Lightning Thief (reread: first read was another edition I own)

6 Stars (Incredible)
The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Empire of Shadows by Miriam Forster
The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Fairest by Marissa Meyer

5 Stars (Really liked it)
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer

3 Stars (It was okay)
There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake

I've had a ridiculously awesome reading month, to be honest! Probably because I'm working through my physical TBR, which obviously contains a lot of books that I liked enough/thought I would like enough to buy. The only three star book there was an unsolicited review copy.

How have you been? Read any good books recently?