Saturday, June 1, 2013

Armchair BEA: Introductions



So, we're probably a bit slow on the uptake but we have decided to join Armchair BEA! Woooo! So this first post is the introductory post where we do a self-interview. Here we go:


1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? 
We are both medical students from Australia who love reading and wanted to share our thoughts about the books we read. We've been blogging since November of last year, so we are still a bit new! We started blogging because we both wanted some sort of ongoing hobby to help us get through the holidays, and ended up continuing past that because we enjoyed it so much!

2. Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to the event?
Neither of us had ever even heard of BEA until this year, let alone Armchair BEA! Because we really only joined the blogging community this year, this was the first time we've heard of it. But it seems like a lot of fun and a good environment to meet other bloggers!

3. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?
Nara: At this moment, I'm in the middle or rereading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. I haven't touched any Sarah Dessen books since about year 9, so wanted to refresh my memory. Favourite books so far in 2013 (because God forbid I have to choose just one) would be Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead, Gameboard of the Gods also by Richelle Mead and Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. Also probably many more which I couldn't possibly all mention.
Chantelle: Oh goodness, right now, like Nara, I'm rereading books that I read back in year 9 and that I've completely forgotten. And those would be, The Mortal Instrument Series!!!! wooo! They are more amazing than I remember and I am over the moon about the up and coming movie. My favourite book this year might have to go to Game. Set. Match by Jennifer Iacopelli (apologies to all the other absolutely amazing 2013 releases because there were many)!

4. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
Nara: Seriously, the answer to this has GOT to be Hogwarts. I freaking love that place! I really like the idea of the Ravenclaw common room- how you have to answer a riddle to get in (yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd). I also love the entry to the kitchens- and would probably spend half my time there eating desserts.
Chantelle: My real answer would definitely, hands down, be Hogwarts, because well, duh! it's Hogwarts - but the for the sake of being different, I'm going to say Lewis Carroll's Wonderland. It's a story I was absolutely obsessed with as a child, and it's a place where anything's possible. 

5. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
Nara: I think dinner with Percy Jackson would be awesome. He's freaking badass. But I feel like it'd also be really disruptive, because, no doubt, monsters and stuff would probably keep interrupting to try kill him.
Chantelle: I would love to have dinner with Matt from Flat-Out Love, and somehow convince his swooningly-geeky self that I'm his one true love, and then we'd go live happily ever after. Yeah, #bookboyfriendissues....