Wednesday, June 19, 2013

ARC Review: Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep

Title: Spartan Frost (Mythos Academy #4.5)
Author: Jennifer Estep
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Fantasy
Source: Publisher via NetGalley
Release Date: 25 June, 2013
GoodreadsAmazon





I’m Logan Quinn, the deadliest Spartan warrior at Mythos Academy. At least I was — until the day I almost killed Gwen Frost.

Professor Metis and Nickamedes say that I’m fine, that Loki and the Reapers don’t have a hold on me anymore, but I can’t risk it. I can’t risk hurting Gwen again. So I’m leaving Mythos and going somewhere far, far away.

I know Gwen wonders what’s happening to me, whether I’m safe. I can’t tell her, but this is my story
Review by Nara

This will be a short review as Spartan Frost is a novella :)
CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE OTHER BOOKS IN THE MYTHOS ACADEMY SERIES. Especially Book 4. Don't read this review if you haven't read Book 4. You have been warned.

I think that this novella was a nice little extra in the Mythos Academy world. It gave some good insight into Logan's point of view. I mean, it's ridiculously frustrating the entire time you're reading the novella, but you kind of understand where he's coming from (ish.) Thankfully, though, it wasn't just Logan moping about how he stabbed Gwen the entire time, and there was actually some badass action in there. Also included was a teaser from Midnight Frost. And what a teaser that was! HOW COULD YOU PUT IN SUCH A CLIFFHANGERISH TEASER! While I probably wouldn't buy the novella myself, I think it nicely ties together the loose ends in Book 4, and definitely teases for Book 5.

(Random side note- A bit weird that it was still Gwen on the cover, and not Logan, but I suppose we'll have to make do haha)

Liked it

Ratings
Overall: 7/10
Plot: 4/5
Writing: 5/5
Characters: 4/5
Cover: 2/5





1 comment: